Types of Available Rebates
Rebates available on select refrigerators, freezers, clothes washers and dryers. There is an additional incentive for recycling your old refrigerator or freezer. The rebates are not brand specific but the appliances do need to be Energy Star® certified. For a complete list of Energy Star® products, visit www.energystar.gov. Proof of Energy Star® compliance and a copy of the invoice or receipt is required for the application of this rebate.
- $30 per unit, full size refrigerators or freezers
- $60 per unit, additional incentive for recycling of old refrigerators or freezers
- $30 per unit, top load clothes washers
- $40 per unit, front load clothes washers
- $30 per unit, clothes dryers
- $90 per unit, hybrid heat pump clothes dryer (ventless)
- Induction cooktops, for range measuring 30" or larger:
- $100/unit for electric to induction
- $350/unit for gas to induction
Smart Thermostats are limited to 2 thermostats per member account, and must be installed at the account location. Rebate of $25 per thermostat.
A whole house fan is a type of fan that vents into a home's attic, and is designed to circulate air in a home. Rebate of $100 available for replacement or new installations. (Not to be confused with a powered attic ventilator.)
LED light bulbs use 70-90% less energy than the traditional incandescent light bulb. LED bulbs need to be a minimum of 500 lumens to qualify for the rebate. Members may apply for rebates for a maximum of 50 bulbs per year. Please provide a copy of your purchase receipt.
- $8 per lamp or fixture or 50% of the lamp/fixture cost, whichever is lower
The following rebates are available for hot water heaters and have a 30-gallon tank minimum:
- $50 per unit for fuel-switching (Replacing a natural gas or propane unit with an electric unit.)
- $350 per unit, air source heat pump powered, must be Energy Star rated.
Electric Thermal Storage (ETS) heaters are designed to use low cost, off-peak electricity for heating a home or business 24 hours a day. The minimum qualifying load for ETS is 1kW. A copy of the invoice is required.
- $16 per kW, units controlled by timers or master control systems
- $12 per kW, Thermal slab (heated floors) systems controlled by timers or master control systems
Heat pumps are the most efficient way available to heat and cool your home or business. There is a minimum of 1 ton or 12,000 Btuh required in order to receive a rebate for an air source electric heat pump. Energy Star rating is not required. Rebate depends on equipment size, SEER, and HSPF rating. Contact us to discuss the details of your unit.
This program is available for both new construction and retrofit of existing lighting systems. Only one project per member account per year will be available for a rebate. This includes exterior wall mounted lighting, exterior pole mounted lighting, refrigerated case lighting, and interior lighting. Please provide a copy of the invoice when applying for this rebate. Additional documentation will be required based on the project. Contact us to discuss the details of your project.
For motors 10 to 1500 horsepower. All qualifying motors must operate at a minimum of 15% load factor or for a minimum of 3 months each year. All qualifying motors must meet Tri-State's minimum motor efficiencies.
- $8 per horsepower, 10 to 1500 horsepower
- Additional incentive of $1 per horsepower provided by Wyrulec Company
- Additional $1.50 per horsepower wiring assistance if the motor replaces a fossil-fueled engine or if it is a new installation
This program applies to the installation of variable frequency drives onto existing equipment such as irrigation wells, commercial or industrial machinery. If a new irrigation motor is installed at the same time, it may qualify for a separate motor rebate. Qualifying motors are 25 horsepower and up. Replacement of existing VSD's for maintenance or other purposes, does not qualify for a rebate.
- Incentives based on horsepower. Contact our office for rebate incentive amount.
- Cap of 50% of the VSD equipment costs
- $20,000 annual per project cap
For new battery or corded equipment, with minimum purchase price of $50.
- Electric riding mower: 25% of the cost, maximum rebate $1,000
- Electric mower, bicycle or snow blower: 25% of the cost, with a maximum rebate of $150.
- Electric chainsaw: 25% of cost, maximum rebate of $100
- Electric trimmers, pruners, leaf blowers and power washers: 25% of the cost, with a maximum rebate of $50
- Additional batteries, must be purchased with equipment. (Battery-only purchases are not eligible.): 50% of cost, maximum rebate of $25
- There is a maximum rebate of $300 per member account. (Excluding riding mowers) Rebates are limited to one rebate per product type per year.