2019 Energy Efficiency Products Program
Wyrulec Company partners with Tri-State Generation & Transmission in an Energy Efficiency Products (EEP) program for our member-owners. This program offers rebate incentives for the purchase and use of energy efficient products. How you use energy has a substantial impact on the environment and on your monthly utility bills.
Applying for Rebates
For all rebates, a copy of the purchase receipt or invoice is needed, along with the product information - including model numbers and other product specific information. Once proper documentation has been received, Wyrulec Company will apply for all rebates on behalf of our member-owners. Rebate incentives must be requested within 120 days of purchase. Upon approval, rebate checks will be issued by Wyrulec Company and mailed to the member.
Types of Available Rebates
- ENERGY STAR® Appliances: Rebates available on select refrigerators, freezers, dishwashers, clothes washers and dryers. There is an additional incentive for recycling your old refrigerator or freezer. The rebates are not brand specific but the appliances do need to be Energy Star® certified. For a complete list of Energy Star® products, visit www.energystar.gov. Proof of Energy Star® compliance and a copy of the invoice or receipt is required for the application of this rebate.
- $30 per unit, full size refrigerators or freezers
- $60 per unit, additional incentive for recycling of old refrigerators or freezers
- $20 per unit, dishwashers
- $30 per unit, top load clothes washers
- $40 per unit, front load clothes washers
- $30 per unit, clothes dryers
- $90 per unit, hybrid heat pump clothes dryer (ventless)
- ENERGY STAR® Air Conditioners: Rebates available for Energy Star® certified air conditioners only. For a complete listing of qualifying air conditions, visit www.energystar.gov. The minimum qualifying size is 1 ton. Proof of Energy Star® compliance and a copy of the invoice or receipt is required for the application of this rebate.
- LED Residential Light Bulbs: LED light bulbs use 70-90% less energy than the traditional incandescent light bulb. LED bulbs need to be a minimum of 500 lumens to qualify for the rebate. Members may apply for rebates for a maximum of 50 bulbs per year. Please provide a copy of your purchase receipt.
- $8 per lamp or fixture or 50% of the lamp/fixture cost, whichever is lower
- Electric and Heat Pump Water Heaters: Water heaters are often the second largest energy user in your home, so an energy efficient heater will save you money. All residential electric and heat pump water heaters must be Energy Star® certified to qualify for this rebate. When applying for this rebate, include proof of Energy Star® compliance which can be a manufacturer data sheet or appliance paperwork.
- $30 per unit, 30-55 gallon electric resistance water heater; $20 per unit, additional incentive for lifetime tank warranty
- $100 per unit, primary heating by direct exchange ground source or heat pump waste heat; $25 per unit additional incentive for lifetime tank warranty
- $350 per unit, air source heat pump powered, minimum 30 gallons
- Electric Thermal Storage and Thermal Slab: Electric Thermal Storage (ETS) heaters are designed to use low cost, off-peak electricity for heating a home or business 24 hours a day. The minimum qualifying load for ETS is 1kW. A copy of the invoice is required.
- $16 per kW, units controlled by timers or master control systems
- $12 per kW, Thermal slab (heated floors) systems controlled by timers or master control systems
- Electric Heat Pumps (Air Source): Heat pumps are the most efficient way available to heat and cool your home or business. There is a minimum of 1 ton or 12,000 Btuh required in order to receive a rebate for an air source electric heat pump. Energy Star rating is not required. To apply for a rebate for this product, include the EER (Energy Efficiency Ratio) rating and invoices for both the heat pump unit and the associated loop installation. Other additional documentation may be required depending on the pump.
- $85 per unit, terminal units (through-the-wall mounted heat pumps)
- $300/ton for units rated from 15 to 17 SEER
- $450/ton for units greater than 17 SEER
- $100 per unit, additional incentive for central air source with integrated controlled ETS backup in lieu of a separate ETS incentive
- Electric Heat Pump (Ground Source): There is a minimum of 3/4 ton or 9,000 Btuh in order to receive a rebate for ground source electric heat pump. These pumps are not required to be Energy Star® rated. When applying for this rebate, include the EER (Energy Efficiency Ratio) rating and invoices for both the heat pump unit and the associated loop installation. Other additional documentation may be required depending on the pump.
- $500/ton for new installations
- $250/ton for replacement of existing unit
- Pre-Authorized Commercial LED Lighting: This program is available for both new construction and retrofit of existing lighting systems. Only one project per member account per year will be available for a rebate. This includes exterior wall mounted lighting, exterior pole mounted lighting, refrigerated case lighting, and interior lighting. Pre-approval by Wyrulec Company and Tri-State is required prior to the start of construction. Please provide a copy of the invoice when applying for this rebate. Additional documentation will be required based on the project.
- Pole Mounted Lighting cap of $20,000 or 25% of total LED head cost per project per account
- Refrigerated Case Lighting cap of $3000 or 50% of total LED fixture cost per project per account
- All other retrofit or new construction fixture types have a combined cap of $20,000 or 50% of total LED fixture cost per project per account
- Electric Irrigation Motors: The motors must be 10 to 500 horsepower. All qualifying motors must operate at a minimum of 15% load factor or for a minimum of 3 months each year. All qualifying motors must meet Tri-State's minimum motor efficiencies.
- $8 per horsepower, 10 to 500 horsepower
- Additional incentive of $1 per horsepower provided by Wyrulec Company
- Additional $1.50 per horsepower wiring assistance if the motor replaces a fossil-fueled engine or if it is a new installation
- Variable Speed Drive (VSD) Retrofit: This program applies to the installation of variable frequency drives onto existing equipment such as irrigation wells, commercial or industrial machinery. If a new irrigation motor is installed at the same time, it may qualify for a separate motor rebate. Qualifying motors are 25 horsepower and up. Replacement of existing VSD's for maintenance or other purposes, does not qualify for a rebate.
- Incentives based on horsepower. Contact our office for rebate incentive amount.
- Cap of 50% of the VSD equipment costs
- $20,000 annual per project cap
For more information about rebates, please contact our office at (307) 837-2225.